We have been taught a half truth. We have been taught that we learn from doing, from trying, from the experimenting. But, that’s not the whole truth. The whole truth is we learn from doing then on reflecting on what we did, re-thinking what we know and trying again.
To learn the most from this year you need to reflect on what you did. Try the 2018 Reflection Challenge.
Here’s my 2018 year end reflection:
1. What are 3 words that describe this year?
Amazeballs, successful, strengthening.
2. What was your best memory this year?
Way too many – that’s why the year was so amazeballs – Barcelona, Paris, Tofino, My Birthday Party!!
3. What did you do this year that you’ve never done before?
So many things: Barcelona, Paris, skydiving, taught 2 new courses, new clients….
4. What was the best course, book or program you experienced this year?
Hands down these 2 books: The Universe Has Your Back & Attached.
5. What was the nicest thing someone did for you?
Again so many things… thoughtful birthday cards and presents, friends coming to the hospital when I needed stitches…… oh and a birthday surprise at the Shangri-La – that was epic!
6. What was the best way you used your time?
Working, connecting, relaxing, learning, reflecting.
7. What was the best choice or risk you took this year? And Why?
Planning my trip to Barcelona and Paris. I wasn’t sure who I would go with or if I could really afford it, but it all worked out better than I could have imagined. I am so glad I took the leap even though I wasn’t sure because now I have amazing memories!
8. What lesson was presented to you in 2018? Did you learn the lesson?
That I need to master dealing with procrastination and stress or it leads to bad consequences. And YES, I learned the lesson.
9. What was your biggest energy vampire this year?
Procrastination and worry.
10. What was your biggest obstacle this year?
Doing many new things at the same time, so the learning curve was high and so was the self-criticism.
11. How could you have made the year better?
Been kinder to myself.
12. What event, person, outcome, idea or habit had the biggest positive impact?
Again too many to mention them all but I think my trip to Barcelona and Paris was the biggest event and keeping a gratitude journal was the best habit.
13. What was your greatest superpower this year?
My ability to reflect, learn a tonne and to then go try again.
14. What was your proudest moment of the year?
My birthday – I was surrounded with so much love and celebration!
15. After this year what do you know for sure?
Health before everything, and having fun is part of health.
Also see my blog on 3 Reflection Challenges For a Powerful New Year to get more reflection challenges.
Ask me about a free, no pressure call — ninja style — to discuss the results you want to create for business, leadership or career.